Well, people move on, we understand that, if you are reaching a new stage in your life, buying a house or moving on that is fine. Just like moving in, there is an order and process for moving out.
If you have been a tenant of ours and are planning on leaving our properties, please let us know as soon as possible. Our standard leases require 30 days notification prior to moving out. For specifics please review our standard lease. To provide notification you should email kevinclarkschoen@gmail. Your rent should be paid in full up to the date you are moving out.
The information below will provide some of the expecations and process related to moving out.
- Utilities: Usually we would like to get the utilities transferred in our name, in order for us to do this we need the date you are moving out and we will call the utility companies and will arrange to transfer them.
- Security Deposit: We will provide the return of the security deposit, minus damage, late fees or other expenses that apply towards your security deposit. In order to minimize expenses, please make sure you the property is left in the same condition as you got it in.
- Paint: If you have painted any of the rooms the standard requirement is that they are returned to the condition they are in. However, dependant on the colors and quality of the paint, we may be open to allowing you to just leave. In order for us to make this determination, we need to see the painting that was done. Please contact us as soon as possible if this is the case. In addition, we generally need to know or have any spare paint you may have as well as the brand and type so that we can efficiently do patching or repairs later on.
- Picture holes or other drywall damage: Any nail holes, hanging holes, etc. should be patched, primed and painted over.
- Carpets: Although we generally do not have carpets in our properties, if they are there, the carpets should clean and in good shape. You may wish to rent a carpet cleaner.
- Furniture, Boxes, Garbage, Materials, etc.: Any and all items that are yours should removed from the property, or else we have to incur expense to pay workers to haul away stuff.
- Cleaning: The property should be cleaned and dusted at the end of your habitation.
- Keys: All keys that you have for the house should be returned.